Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's October!



I've slacked this past week on updating our blog...what can I say other than life is busy.
I felt so busy all week long going places and doing things that I've felt overwhelmed. Sometimes my head spins just thinking about all of the daily activity from preschool with three year old drama to infant development. Not to mention daily errands, household upkeep, two dogs (one who's always itchy) and a husband (who's also over scheduled). I cannot recall a day that I wasn't busy and just relaxing...reading a book, enjoying a nap, drinking a cup of tea to settle down. Oh wait...yes I can! I had my first girls night alone!! Alone meaning without Elle & Ava Jason. Thank you Ms. Schuler & ladies for too much wine, behavior therapy and stinky cheese. We did miss SCH...maybe next round! While I was sad by leaving the girls I also knew they were in the care of their wonderful daddy. I returned to a quiet, clean house (though late) and the girls were both asleep...Jason too. It was nice to feel like I was a mommy as well as myself last Thursday. I know it's a bit of an identity crisis early. Oh well, that's a whole other post.
In all of my madness to get through the past week I realized Wednesday that it was already October, my favorite month of the year. In honor of this colorful time of year we are taking the girls to a farm this coming weekend for a fall festival & corn maze. I anticipate fun at the farm, smelly animals and all. I anticipate Ava running through pumpkin patches, hay rides, face painting, and that wonderful smell of fall. I'll have pictures posted asap. Hope you all are enjoying my favorite season, enjoying all that it offers. I know I will. And I promise to slow down and repeat "life is too short".

No comments: